Friday, December 24, 2010

This is a test....

Hi there. Remember me? It's been, oh, say....three years or so. I recently came to the conclusion that I am going to blog.  I am going to try to be intentional with it...as in, use it as I contemplated in my post of many years ago...as a measuring stick. A reference point. Each post on the continuum of before and after. I know I have only one reader (hi S.S.).  Sorry if this is boring. :)

Initially my plan was to restart this on January 1st. However I will probably be out and about on that day, hopefully hiking in the mountains somewhere, so I figured I would start now. Today. Christmas Eve.

One of my goals with this is to use it as an ongoing checklist of things I need/want/hope to do. I found 2010 to be somewhat of a dud, though I am blaming no one but myself. I took the year off, so to speak. I floated through it without much thought. Because of that, there is little I feel I have done to improve myself, and that is a constant I don't want to be without.

So, let's start off at the beginning. These are some of my goals for the new year, in no particular order or degree of importance.

2011. I am going to tackle you.

Start a blog
- Try something new every week
- Send in one job application a week
- learn Spanish (with the aid of an, ahem, gifted copy of Rosetta Stone)
- Volunteer as a conversation partner at the library downtown (will help with the Spanish as well)
- Rejoin the Columbia art center so I can make pottery again
- Paint bedroom #2 and hallway

There will be plenty more as time goes by. And I will devote certain posts to expand on the theme. I just wanted to get something down on paper. This is just a start. Baby steps, ya know?

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I feel privileged to be your one and only reader. Your list seems reasonable...not overwhelming, definitely doable. And you've already crossed something off before the new year has even started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The list will get longer I am sure. I am trying to be reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's the new thing you're going to try this week? Anal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What, this Dave guy is your only friend who would put anal at the top of the list of new things to try? Well, maybe it wouldn't be at the top of his list because it's not new to him, but you know what I'm saying. You know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are you getting at? Dave is an ass-whore? Cause that is what I am hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said it.
    Are you going to tell us what new thing you did this week that was a better idea than anal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey now, I never said I had a better idea. I will tell you the only thing I did this week that I have never ever done before: I helped my cousin, who is 10 and attends a catholic school, do his religion homework. It consisted of outlining the 4 steps of reconciliation with god.

    ReplyDelete