Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday...

Hurricane Sky
Living on the perimeter of a hurricane has some benefits. We had a beautiful sunset last night. Today the wind is blowing a nice breeze and the humidity has gone somewhere else for the moment. I am going to head into work in a little bit, and I think I might get there by bike. My knee has improved in the last few weeks and I have been able to take Emma on walks and I think I might be able to manage the fixed gear. I am a little nervous about clipping in, but I think I can manage without too much pain. Let's hope at least.

Work has kicked my ass this week. I am the project manager for a grant research project, and the project involves a selection of folks from the community. I have about 37 people who are my research, uh, subjects. Sort of. But some of them live out of town, so that means plenty of evening and weekend involvement on my part. It's okay. Maybe my the end of this project (next year) I will have accrued a significant amount of comp time and I can take a month off or something. And then move to the mountains. hehe.

September is going to be an interesting month, with deadlines for this project and some travel to other towns and cities. Friends and mountains and road trips and good times. I am looking forward to it. I just have to be patient. Very patient. For a lot of things. The coming fall is going to stir up my urge to burrow, my urge to make great change, my urge to not suppress my urge to be stirred up. Whatever that means.

For now, I am going to suit up for my trek on the bike downtown. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment