Wednesday, July 20, 2011

and the winner is....

This week just doesn't want to end. And it's really hot. Everywhere. Pieces of my car are melting off. My yard is crispy brown. Emma refuses to go outside. It's just plain oppressive. I woke up on the bad side of awake today....I should have just stayed in bed. I am frustrated by my immobility. I walk like I have a peg leg. It hurts. I cringe. I am gonna whine.

I am grateful that my injury was not as severe as I feared. While the doc guessed I tore my meniscus, it turns out I merely tore my MCL. But the tear was just a partial tear, which means no surgery and a fairly speedy recovery. I can do as much as my leg will allow me to do without hurting. At this moment that basically leaves me watching crap on Netflix to the point of complete boredom. I haven't jogged in weeks. I haven't walked my dog since getting back from the camping trip. Luckily it doesn't hurt much to go up and down stairs.

Anyway. I am just frustrated, and woke up cranky. Tomorrow will be full of awesome I am sure. I have a three day weekend coming up since I took Friday off to be here while the lumberjacks chop down the remainder of my partially-alive trees. H and B are driving down for the weekend, so that will be super awesome. I am going to go on a bike ride if it kills me, and it might, since it will be 1000 degrees outside. I should just go to bed, only it's a million degrees in my room and there is not going to be easy sleep tonight. You know how when you are in a bad mood you only seem to be able to think about the bad stuff? Well, that's me tonight. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment