Monday, July 25, 2011

the wind bludgeons and blows...

third tree to lose it's head
Working down below
Saddest backyard ever. Ugly house. Tears.
So, last Friday lumberjacks did their worst to my trees. No more shade. No more privacy. No more...grass. I feel like I lost a part of my home or something. It's hard to explain. I know it needed to be done, but there is something unsettling about sudden change, even when it's expected.

In other news, the lovely H&B came to visit for the weekend. We ate food and drank drinks and rode bikes. Yup! Little gimpy me managed a 8-10 mile ride on Saturday. I wasn't able to ride my bike, but borrowed H's (I thought the clips might be a problem). The only time I felt gimpy was while going up hills. My knee needed a 30 minute ice bath and some ibuprofen afterwards, but all in all it went as well as my wildest dreams would allow. Afterwards, we made cake!
That's about it. I am going to eat dinner now so I can justify eating leftover cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment