Saturday, July 16, 2011

I am old and falling apart

It's true. Pretty sure it's all downhill after 30. I mean, there may be some peaks from time to time, but seriously. DOWNHILL. At least as far as health and wellness are concerned. I went to the doc this week because my knee was not getting better, and was actually getting a little bit worse. I think the reason it was getting worse was because I wasn't able to move around much at work, and when I got home I was trying to be responsible and take it easy and try to be as immobile as possible. Funny thing is, the more I keep moving, the better the knee feels....but I don't want to risk further injury. After making an educated guess that I had a torn meniscus, the doc ordered an MRI. MRI was an interesting experience. I have never had one before, but the experience was made all the more interesting by listening to 90s rap on the headphones during the MRI. I will say that MRI noises go really well with old school rap. But anyway....I haven't heard from the doc yet. Knee still hurts, mostly right after I get up from being still. I can bend it and sit cross-legged no problem, but I can't bend it to walk, and turning over in bed is now a major ordeal. How weird is that? Anyway, I am going a little nuts feeling like a gimp. My life is now ruled by ice and heat, Netflix movies, and the desire to do anything, ANYTHING, but stay still. ugh.

In addition to the knee issue, I seem to have something lodged under my eyelid that I can't get rid of. My left eye is starting to turn an amazing shade of red. I have been rinsing it with water, using eyedrops, rubbing the crap out of it. Nothing seems to be working. I wish I had one of those eyewash stations from high school biology glass. Then I would be set. And it would look really bad ass in the kitchen.

So, my world is currently painful and frustrating and red. And I can't read because my eye keeps leaking. Now I am just complaining. I'll shut up.

1 comment:

  1. Where's Dr. Kevorkian when you need him?

    Did you have a choice for the music? What were the other options?

    ReplyDelete