Saturday, April 9, 2011

clean house. eat. live. work. repeat every 7 days.

Saturday morning is usually my cleaning day. As the week comes to an end, I unconsciously start to become very messy. Somewhere in there I know Saturday is coming and it will get cleaned up then. I have shoes scattered in the living room, Emma's dog toys all over the place. Kitchen table with the last few days of mail on it. Dirty dishes in the sink, laundry overflowing the basket. Kitty litter box ignored.
I don't know why I do this, because it ends up driving me crazy. I start to get anxious, I avoid looking around. Life would be so much more enjoyable if I just dealt with it as it came up. Ugh. I can't seem to learn this lesson, however. So, here I am, Saturday morning, giant list of to-do in front of me.
But first, a trip to the market with Joe. Then yardwork, laundry, sweeping, dog bathing.

In other, more exciting news: I am going to DC next month for a work training, and I was able to book an earlier flight into BWI. This means I get to see S and M for the weekend before the training. In addition to three windows in my office, this job has some definite perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment