Wednesday, April 13, 2011

these days

So, the last few days have been pretty exhausting. There have been multiple issues coming up with some folks I know, and they have all taken their toll. I don't really want to go into it here, but I do want to make some observations about people in general.

1. Everyone is fucked up in their own special way,
2. At some point you are going to have to parent your own parent, and most likely it will stay that way once it happens,
3. Sometimes when you see red flags, you shouldn't try to talk yourself into it just to prove a point, 
4. There isn't enough kindness in the world.

As to that last one...Why is it so hard for people to just be kind?  I try to be kind. I know I am not always successful, or maybe I think I am more successful than I really am. It's a basic thing, but it's so hard for a lot of people. I guess people are afraid of being taken advantage of, or being misinterpreted. I don't know. Tomorrow, I am going to make an effort to be kind, all day long. I think you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment