Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the new job

So, yesterday was my first day at the new job. The day started off with a staff meeting, so I was able to meet everyone all at once. They all seem super nice and easy going. After the staff meeting, I was given a tour and shown to my office. Now, the building we are in is a two story free standing office building that looks just like a house, though I am told it never was a house. It isn't fancy by any means, but it is homey and it does the trick. However, when they showed me my office, I was super excited to see not one, but three windows!!! And they open! At the PD's office, we didn't have a single window. I could go all day without seeing any natural light. It may seem like a small thing, but I am super excited to have windows and light. I don't even have to turn on the overhead light, because there is enough coming in windows! Here is an example:
Three of these!!!

So, today was my second day, and I attempted to field questions that I didn't know the answer to. Luckily, neither did anyone else, so it wasn't my fault. Tomorrow we are having an after work party/fund-raiser for the pro bono department, so that should be fun. So far it has been so different from the PD's office. No constant stream of email or phone calls, people showing up unexpectedly, putting out fires. Oh the joys of not having clients! Basically all I have been doing is reading and trying to get up to speed on the issues. Pretty soon I will get to start a super secret project that sounds pretty amazing which should last 6-9 months. All in all I am very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment