Monday, April 4, 2011

test of wills

So, you know what tomorrow is don't ya? It's my first day at the new job! (Insert stadium cheering here).
I am pretty darn excited, and super stoked that I don't have to go to that god awful courthouse anymore. I didn't realize what a relief that would be, how I would feel so much weight being lifted off my shoulders when I left that job. Ok, maybe I had some bit of an idea, but the feeling is better than I expected. It's like finally breaking up with a really bad boyfriend, or looking at your car after it's been washed, waxed and vacuumed, or someone else doing to dishes after dinner. That kind of feeling. Like this:
bliss!
I went to Carrboro this past weekend to hang out with some of my favs. Good time was had by all, and I am still so happy that H and B have moved a mere 3.5 hours away. So glad.  We went on a bike ride and walked around downtown, drank plenty of caffeine and swung on swings. I love those people.

I will update soon about the new job. I am still a little unsure of what I will be doing, but honestly, I don't even care at this point. My biggest concern is whether my delicious vegan lunches will repulse everyone like they did at my old job. Haha. I swear, I think brussel sprouts smell, and taste, amazing!

I have never seen her sit like this before

3 comments:

  1. I can understand the excitement, but not some of these analogies. Getting your car cleaned, someone else doing dishes? Sure, it's nice, but really? Those are on par with ending a job that made you utterly miserable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the actions themselves aren't on par, but the feelings are the same. My point is that I don't feel the constant need to take care of the next thing, to put out the next fire. That when something is done, it's done, and I don't have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stoked by proxy that you like the new job!

    ReplyDelete