Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birthday Post!

Another year! I am getting older, hopefully wiser. I've never been a huge fan of big birthday celebrations, but moms are really into them. So, mine is coming to Columbia today, with my brother and niece, to help install my birthday gift, a ceiling fan for my bedroom. See, this is what happens when you get older. You ask for practical gifts. Things like ceiling fans and robotic floor sweepers (which I got for Christmas and is WONDERFUL for picking up stray Emma hair). I have become very pragmatic in my old age.

While the ceiling fan is awesome, the thing I am most excited about is hanging out with some of my favorite people in Carrboro this weekend. I can't wait. I am so so glad that H and B moved down south. So glad. I am going to make a concerted effort to spend many weekends with them this summer. I hope they don't mind, because I have made this plan without telling them first. :).

My last day at the Public Defender's office is Wednesday. I have been trying to tie up as many loose ends as possible, and I have spent hours writing transfer memos that no one will read. It is impossible for me to just leave things hanging. I am excited to see what my new job will entail. I feel pretty comfortable with my new bosses. I think we will get along just fine and I plan on kicking ass. Here is to new things!

I best get to cleaning house for my mom's arrival. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment