Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daylight savings....

Daylight savings has already kicked my ass. I woke up about 30 minutes ago, which, under normal circumstances, is already sleeping in really late. Add DST, and wham! Half the day is gone already. Today's to do list is pretty long too: taxes, clean house, take dog to the river, wash dog after taking her to the river, grocery shop, etc. Taxes...for the last few years I have done my federal taxes with Turbo Tax, and then, in the interests of keeping it free, I have done my state taxes on my own. No biggie, right? I absolutely loathe doing the state taxes. There is usually a 2 month gap between doing my federal taxes and my state taxes. So, I am determined to get my state taxes done today, before April at least.

I am meeting up with my new boss tomorrow to discuss stuff and junk. I haven't decided yet when my last day/first day will be. I have a trip planned to NC the weekend of April 1st...but do I take a week off, or a few days, or something? I am so used to running from one thing to another. It seems so decadent to take an entire week off for no reason. Unless someone out in the interweb can give me a reason? 

So, last night...well, good music makes me happy. Sad music even makes me happy, if it's good. I've been listening to this song all morning:

Sweet Tooth Nelson 

They are on there way from NY to SXSW, and decided to stop by Columbia (where he is from originally) for a quick show at Bluetile:

And I feel like I am abandoning children

and I feel like I am losing all feeling....

2 comments: