Saturday, March 19, 2011

yikes!

First asparagus of the season
It's been almost an entire week without a post! Sorry. I have been slacking off. Daylight savings time has really messed with my sleep schedule. I have also been waking up in the early early morning hours and find myself unable to go back to sleep. I keep thinking about work and all the stuff I have to do before I leave. I have decided my last day will be March 30th, and my first day at the new job will be April 5th. Not much of a break really, but I will be in NC for most of it spending some time with some of my favorite people.

Today I am going to try to get my bike to the bike shop for a tune up and a new tube. Unfortunately, the bike shop is in 5 Points, and they are having a massive St. Patty's day celebration today. I also need to get my hair cut and get some other things done. It's going to be a busy day.

The other day I successfully completed my first major run of the season. There is a 5 mile paved walkway alongside the canal leading from a dam to Columbia's water plant. A lot of people go out there to walk or run or rollerblade. On Wednesday, I ran 3.5 of the 5 miles continuously, walked the rest. I am going to try to run the canal again today, even though my ass still hurts something fierce.

Also, in case anyone is wondering how my no-shampoo experiment is going, here is a recent pic. I haven't "washed" my hair since January. I will probably let them wash it when I go to get it cut.
It's pretty raggedy. Need haircut stat.





No comments:

Post a Comment