Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trial mode

I may be sort of absentee for the next week or so. I have a rape/kidnapping/armed robbery-ish trial next week. It isn't my case, but I am on it as co-counsel, and lead counsel has decided to, uh, go out of town until Sunday night. Trial starts with jury selection Monday morning. Seriously? The last three days have been 12 hour days at the office followed by working dinner and working drinks in a bar. The last part sounds way cooler than it really is. My ears are bleeding from the hours and hours of jail phone calls I am listening to to determine if our client said anything dumb/awesome that could be used against him. I am sorta losing my mind, and I haven't even started preparing witnesses or working on pre-trial motions.

So, have some fun this weekend, for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment