Monday, March 21, 2011

and then there was this

Ms. H just told me about this band called Braveyoung. Swoon!

Anyway....On to other things that make my heart happy...

So, a few months ago a rottweiler started showing up over at my aunts house across town. My aunt is an animal lover, noticed the dog looked hungry and was desperate for attention, so she started feeding her and loving on her. She eventually found out who her owners were, and brought the dog back. Turns out, when she brought the dog back, the owners basically told her they weren't interested in the dog anymore. They had been using her as a puppy mill, basically, and she was past her prime. My aunt left the dog with them, but continued to worry about the dog. A few days later, the dog shows back up at my aunts house, and my aunt feeds the dog and the dog ends up staying for a few days. My aunt already has three dogs and couldn't take on another. After a few days, she brings the dog back to the owners. They tell her they are thinking of taking the dog to the vet to be put down. So, my aunt doesn't leave the dog there this time. Around the same time, I end up dog sitting for my aunt and I get to meet Diamond. I fell in love with her right away. She is so sweet, and just rolls over at your feet, and was so good with the other dogs. I seriously thought about taking her home with me. However, I was talking to my friend Cathy that night, and told her about Diamond and she seemed like the perfect dog for her. So, the next day we went over to my aunts house so Cathy and her son could meet Diamond, and moments later we were driving off, dog in tow.
 Unfortunately, the vet visit wasn't so great. It turns out this lovely pooch was suffering from heartworms and had multiple cancerous tumors in her breasts. She had surgery and is on meds and is doing really well, despite the prognosis.  At least she has someone to love her. She is the sweetest thing ever. I just wanted to share. Diamond and Emma met for the first time yesterday. I think Emma could sense that I was a little in love with Diamond.

Cathy is under there somewhere, getting slobbered on.

1 comment:

  1. UGH! I can't get links to work on this blasted thing. I give up. But do yourself a favor and check out Braveyoung.

    ReplyDelete