Thursday, June 23, 2011

something new

I have totally fallen off my tackle 2011 project. Yeah yeah. Pretty much once I got the new job, I got lazy with everything else. I am really not good at starting new routines or getting out of old ones. But, I am going to try once again, starting tomorrow. Well, actually starting tonight. Starting right now. The first step is me not taking a shower. On a normal night, I would probably be taking a shower right about now. I have never been the type to wake up and hop in the shower first thing. So, I am going to shower. In the morning. But that's not all...

The underlying reason for the morning shower is because I am going to start trying run in the morning.  The high temps have been in the 100's this week and even at 8pm the temps are still pretty high. Plus, going for a run at 8PM means I don't eat dinner until after 9 since I can't eat before I run. I don't feel safe running alone after it gets dark, so my options are fairly limited. Running at night basically throws everything off, but running right after work is not the best thing to do. The added benefit of running in the morning is this will provide incentive to go to bed earlier. So, after I publish this post, I will be brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed.

Yup. This is what I write about in my blog. Waking up early for a morning jog. I need a life or something....

Update: So, I set my alarm for 6 ish this morning. I managed to run a quick run and I have already showered. I don't understand how I can still be sleepy after all of that.  I just took my first sip of coffee, so I am sure I will be waking up soon. Anyway, not sure how I feel about the morning run. Right now I just feel tired and slightly anxious because my morning routine has been disrupted. I wonder how I will feel at the end of the day? hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment