Sunday, February 20, 2011

le week

I have to confess that my weekly to do list has suffered greatly over the last two weeks, but especially this week. I was doing pretty good until Thursday, and then I started to pretend that there was no list. I didn't floss, I didn't do my exercises or keep up with Rosetta Stone. In order to catch up today, I will have to 120 arm exercises, 40 push ups, 200 crunches, and an hour of cardio. I will also have to do 7 Rosetta Stone lessons. I will have to floss 4 times today. I also haven't applied for a job this week, nor did I last week. Ugh. But mark my word, dear reader, I am going to give it the old college try!

Part of the reason for ignoring the list is that I have been working hard on my February project of taking down the brick retaining wall and clearing out the beds. The below pics are from different angles, but you can see that I have pulled out a bunch of the overgrowth. I also chainsawed some trees that were growing in and around the fence between me and my neighbors yard, so I went in their yard to cut them down. I didn't take any pictures of that though.
before
after
I also tried a new recipe in my cookbook, tempeh and black-eyes pea beanballs. I had them with a side of mashed potatoes and, uh, brussel sprouts. Pretty delicious, and not too labor intensive either.

 Emma had a bath yesterday, and then immediately rolled in whatever dirt she could find: 
I will try to give everyone an update as the day nears it's end. I have plans to head out to the Congaree Bluffs sometime this afternoon, so, we shall see.  

Update: I managed to catch up a little on my list. I did 90 arm exercises, 40 push ups, 200 crunches, and I was able to fit in a short run (less than 2 miles). I did 4 Rosetta Stone lessons too, and I flossed. And I am done for the day and this week. I didn't finish everything, and I didn't find a job to apply to. Maybe I will get a jump start on next week with my day off tomorrow!

1 comment: