Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quick update, with pictures

Today was busy. Started off with some yard work. I am still digging up bricks and trying to get all the mortar off before I place them in the raised bed surround. Here is a work in progress picture so you get the general idea:

See, the wood is laying on the bricks...

Digging the trench for the bricks.
I also stopped by Lowe's to get some manure and straw for the sheet mulching. I am hoping to get the beds built tomorrow so they can start turning into magic.

After some yard fun I got hungry and then at the perfect moment my phone rang with my friend David wanting to eat some Lamb's Bread (yummy vegan restaurant in town). We then decided to go for a hike out at the swamp with the dogs.  Emma had tons of fun.
After the swamp, I headed over to the birthday party for Jackson, Cathy's now 6 year old son.
 
Yes, that is a dragon cake.

And then Dino and I went to the courthouse to go check out his new office, cause he is getting sworn in on Monday and then he will be my awesome co-worker. 


Hopefully I can post some finished product pics tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment