Saturday, February 5, 2011

Project Brick Ditch

So, my February goal is to remove the bricks from around my house and clean up the overgrowth. Unfortunately, it's been pretty rainy and nasty all day, so my project is on hold for the moment. However, here are some pics of what it looks like and what I have done so far:
In front of the porch




Right side of the house



The loose bricks I removed



More bricks in the ground
As you can see, it is a mess. I dug the ditch all the way around so I could get to the bricks better. They seem like they will come out relatively easily. I am going to reuse the bricks as a base and surround for some raised beds. It's going to be a lot of work all together, but it needs to be done. I will update as the project progresses.

In other news, I found two local jobs to apply for this week. One of them required two letters of recommendation. I had to ask my bosses if they would write one for me, which was a little awkward. I told them I was looking around, so it isn't a big shocker. Still a little weird though. They outdid themselves with their letters though, and I feel a little sad that I will one day leave the office. They are great bosses to work for.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. won't the bricks fall over when you make the raised beds? or are you planning on cementing them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to use the bricks as a base for the raised beds, primarily because termites love to eat my raised beds. I am hoping that by putting the raised beds on top of the bricks, it will stop the termites. I will post a pic when I am done, and it will make more sense then.

    ReplyDelete