Monday, January 3, 2011

Back in South Carolina

Yup. Back in SC after a lovely trip to Carrboro to visit H and B. I must say, it was quite a productive little trip. Remember that battery of mine that wanted to die? The talented B used his manly expertise and knowledge base to hook me up with a new battery for a lot less than the mechanic's quote, and he was able to install it himself. What a guy! We also bought a few bookshelves for the spare bedroom/office and put them together. However, my favorite part of productive New Year 2011 was cleaning out the overgrown and many years neglected garden space. We put in a  compost corner and laid sheet mulching on the existing raised beds. Let that cook for a few months and those beds are going to be awesome for growing. Makes me realize I have a few more things to add to my own to-do list, such as:

- Sheet mulch the raised beds
- Add cold-weather raised bed to back yard
- plant 1 or 2 more blueberry bushes
- design wildflower garden

Now that I am back I have to really buckle down with my goals for the year. I am serious about making this year the most productive year ever. I will be back at work tomorrow, so many of these goals are going to be evening and weekend activities....It can be done, one thing at a time. I also want to get a fiddle. Let's hope my bid on Ebay wins!!!

Super fast so you can't tell I don't know what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment