Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week Four, wrap up

Today is the last day of week 4. I have been doing pretty well staying on task, though not 100%. I have applied to a different job each week for 4 weeks. Though I only heard back from one so far (they had already hired someone), I am still hopeful that something will come up. It has to, right? In the meantime, I have to remember to be thankful for the job I do have.

I tried my first recipe from my new cookbook. I tried the spinach lasagna with roasted cauliflower-tofu "ricotta" and homemade marinara. Here is a pic from before it went in the oven:

It looks pretty tasty, huh? Well, I have to say it was kind of...bland. I tried another recipe to go along it as a side - shaved brussel sprouts! I decided to add sweet potatoes to the brussel sprouts and I have to say I like the idea of thinly sliced brussel sprouts. They cook soooo much faster, which means I can eat them sooner. Not sure if I would make the lasagna again (at least not without adding, um, flavor).
Veggie overkill?
I was working on February's to-do list, and while it looks mostly the same as January, I have added some more sit-ups, so I am going from 25 a night to 50. I've managed to do all my cardio and weight tasks, and I am beginning to grow little arm muscles!!!

Another thing I added was a February project. If anyone has been to my house they may have noticed that surrounding my house there is a 4 brick-high retaining wall about three feet wide all around the front of my house. I have no idea when they were put in, but the wall has seen better days. The top layer of bricks have come away from the mortar, and weeds are growing all over them. So, I have decided to take down the retaining wall, reuse the bricks, and pull out a lot of the crap that is planted around the house. It's going to be a big project, but it needs to be done.

I have made progress with the fiddle. I now can play the first 8 notes from Joy to the World! I find this to be a huge milestone, that I can play something that sounds like music instead of just the normal screeching of drowning rats. Maybe one day when I get a little better, I will post a video.

Oh, one more goal for February: go to bed by 10:30. It's going to take me some time to get used to that, so each week I am going to cut 15 minutes off my bedtime until I get to 10:30. For whatever reason, I am dreading this goal....and on that note, good night, dear reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment