Monday, January 17, 2011

Everything Counts....

Thanks for the day off from work, Martin...

So, I have been researching the glass bottles I found in the woods. In the picture just below, it seems the very left bottle, with the lines running across the top and bottom, is an old opium bottle.The two taller, flask-like bottles that say "Federal law forbids sale or re-use of this bottle" are post-prohibition liquor bottles. I am guessing the smaller bottles are medicine bottles, though I suspect the more angular bottle (front right just below) may be a food bottle, since there are no measurements embossed in the side.





I am sure there is so much more out there in the woods. I am definitely going to go back and dig around some more, with better shoes, gloves, and a trowel of some sort. I cut myself twice, because there is broken glass and pieces of metal everywhere on the hill, which is quite steep and slippery.

And here are a few pics from the Congaree Swamp.






So, I am officially on Week 3 of the Tackle 2011 Project (or whatever the hell it should be called). I had house guests this past weekend, so some of my daily goals didn't get accomplished. I am going to try to catch back up. I have caught up on my Spanish Lessons. I applied to two jobs last week, so I am going to use one of those to count for Week 3. All in all not too bad.

I am listening to Depeche Mode's 101 record, the one that was recorded live at the Rose Bowl. I found it yesterday at Papa Jazz. I have the film on VHS, and I have watched it sooooo many times. Needless to say, I was pretty stoked to find it in the "new" bin at Papa Jazz (clearly, it's new in a relative sense). This album is making me pretty happy. It was a brilliant performance, the quality of the recording is amazing, and I think this album is in my top 5 for sure. I know some folks don't get my love of Depeche Mode. It is fairly limited to this time period of their existence, certainly doesn't extend to all Depeche Mode.

Ok, and last but not least, here is my new art:



Isn't he lovely? It's still a little irritated and red, but I think you get the idea.

OK kids. I am off to have a productive day. You do the same. Make it count.

4 comments:

  1. "It was a business decision..."
    How?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, you should identify yourself.

    I was kidding. In reference to the P Diddy comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to cut you off soon, Anonymous, unless you suddenly become more clever with your attempts to insult me.

    ReplyDelete