Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The slaughter of innocent brussel sprouts!

Oh, how I love thee!

I really do have an obsession with brussel sprouts. So, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase the above during my most recent trip to the grocery store. Aren't they lovely?

I came home from work to a pretty good mail day. Some books I ordered from Amazon had made it, and I also got some other goodies, include a US Census Community Survey packet, which claims my response is required by law. I am pretty excited about my new cookbook, Isa Moskowitz's Appetite for Reduction. I flipped through it pretty quickly and it looks like it has some decent recipes in there, so this weekend might be experimentation week in my kitchen....yay! Maybe it will help me branch out from the brussel sprouts I've been obsessed with.

In other news, I had a great G-chat session/fiddle lesson with the lovely H. We learned about notes. I am glad there is someone who knows as little as I do who can suffer through this with me. I really have no experience with musical instruments at all. ZERO. Zilch. I just learned what the difference was between whole, half, quarter, etc...notes. Yup. Starting with nothing here. It's fun. I've enjoyed it so far.

In other news, it has been a week without shampoo. I have absolutely no complaints so far:

I never said I was photogenic.
My hair hasn't been greasy feeling, no weird itching...in fact, no real difference other than my hair seems better to me. I might just be thinking that because I want to think that though. I think it will take more than a week to see if this cures my hair woes. But I wanted to give you an update, and record this for the future.

Oh, and I got someone out of jail today. That always makes my day. :)

1 comment:

  1. I asked my friend how her hair experiment was going and she said it's been six weeks now and while it's not perfect, her hair is at least not looking greasy and is hanging down instead of sticking out. Also she said it helps to keep her comb really clean. She soaks it in water with dish soap all day.

    ReplyDelete