Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week 1

So, how is this project going to work? Will I be successful in trying new things, applying for jobs, learning Spanish? I have to be honest, this week has been super busy and my time to devote to this list of things I want to do has been limited. Excuses galore!

So, it is Saturday morning, and I am waiting for my buddy Joe to come over so we can walk to the All Local Farmer's Market. I love that "they" established this in my neighborhood. Folks from all over slum it every weekend to earn their cool points by shopping at this market. I will be honest, I don't go very often. While I love supporting local business and local agriculture, the amount of people present usually causes me some anxiety, or at least makes me want to get out of there ASAP. The prices are typical of a hip/urban farmer's market, which means they are pretty high. I still have this quarter million in debt I am trying to work off, so, my shopping is limited to cheap ass supermarkets. Sorry, cool police.

Gosh, I sound kind of bitter.

So, that is my plan for this AM. I will get back and work on the 2011 version of my resume (it looks a lot like my 2010 version in case you are wondering), and search for a job. Someone told me that SELC in Asheville was looking to hire 3 new attorneys, only the job posting has been taken down. That's okay. I found the old webpage by searching for the web cache, and I am going to apply anyway.

I will update this as the weekend progresses. Until then, enjoy this:

1 comment:

  1. Oh god, that is the cutest picture of Emma ever! Look at her little legs tucked under her!! She looks like a deer.

    That is the exact reason I don't like to go to the farmer's market near my house. Unfortunately during the 5 months that the CSA is going on, that's where we have to go to pick up our share. I usually sneak in the back way, right next to our farm's stand. I get our stuff and get out quick. I also don't like that the pick-up is on Saturday morning. That means every Saturday for 5 months I have to leave the house before noon. Unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete