Wednesday, May 11, 2011

time in morse code

so, last week I ran a totally scientific experiment relating to water intake and trips to the bathroom. I won't go in to it too much, but suffice it to say that my bladder is miniscule, and I had to pee on average more than once per hour. So, I am trying to reduce my intake during working hours. We shall see how this goes.

I haven't mentioned goals lately, but I think it's time. I have three goals at the moment:

1. Consistently run a 10 minute mile
2. Be able to run 5 miles at a time
3. Eat breakfast.

Goals #1 and #2: My last two runs have both been 2 miles in 20 minutes. If any of you are runners out there, you will know that running a 10 minute mile isn't going to win me any prizes. Also, maxing out at 2 miles is not very impressive. I will say that this time last year, I wouldn't have been able to run a block. So, I feel comfortable in my progress. Once I can consistently run the 10 minute mile, I will try to reduce my time/increase my pace. One thing at a time. I am going to try to increase the 2 miles after consistently running 2 miles/run for a few weeks.

On to goal #3. I haven't consistently eaten breakfast ever in my adult life. As a child, I didn't drink milk, so I never ate cereal. I mainly ate poptarts during the school week, and my mom made actual breakfast (pancakes and whatnot) on the weekends. I have been drinking coffee or tea for breakfast for at least 15 years. If I tried to eat breakfast when I woke up, I often felt sick to my stomach for the rest of the morning, so my first meal of the day is generally at lunch.

I know this isn't very good for me, so I am going to try to change it. For the last few weeks, I have been eating a handful of nuts around 10:30. That went ok. This week, my goal has been to eat a banana every morning before 9:30. Monday and Tuesday, banana eating was without incident. Today, I could only eat about 1/2 the banana before I started to feel sick. So, looks like it will be a bit more of a challenge. I am trying to think of other things to eat for breakfast. Small things that don't take any prep time, ideally. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment